Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Baby Nook

Dad has been here since Sunday and I am SO excited because he has been working on our baby nook. I knew a long time ago that my preference would be to have the baby share Henry's room. Henry has seemed okay with the idea too. It will be nice to maintain a third bedroom for visitors and detritus. I also just like the concept of children sharing rooms. Henry mostly uses the room for reading, dressing and sleeping. He has (too many!) stuffed animals in there and a few toys, but most playing is done in the family room. The main problem was that Henry's room is pretty small. Our solution? The Baby Nook! You might look back in the archives from a year ago or so to see what the room looked like before, when I was painting it. We forgot to get any before shots of this project. What Dad has done is to cut out the closet on one side and to finish out the space. I picked out some paint today so that Baby will have his or her own color in the nook. I decided to go with "Green Grapes". I kind of liked the middle shade as well, but I just can't bring a new child into the world and then make them sleep in a nook surrounded by Yellow Lettuce. Ick. Green Grapes should compliment Blue Collar, and it also goes well with the valances and decorations in the room. Dad even found a carpet remnant that he has put in place in the closet. And he moved the shelves in the other closet so that they make more sense. He's a SuperDad! Last night while Pete was rocking out at the Van Halen concert, Henry and I took Dad for the Hackney's experience. Tonight I'm planning to roast a chicken and bake an apple crisp. Hopefully that will be somewhat of a payback for the unpaid labor!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

damnit, blogger! i'm dying for pix!

amber c. said...

excellent work, dad! and hank looks like a lil boy/big bro -- that kid is really growing up! what a trooper for sharing!

fredecker said...

Let's hope new baby is born with enough sense not to play with the electrical panel.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Henry might show new babe how to throw the breaker switches when Papa is busy!

Betsy said...

Henry and New Baby will probably both do better than me. Somehow yesterday I didn't realize the switch that controls the fridge had been bumped. I just thought the light was out all day...

I think, in the final decorating, there will be some sort of blanket or other hanging there. Is that a fire hazard?