Monday, October 22, 2007

My favorite niece

We were in Iowa City this weekend for my sweet niece's christening. Pete and I got to babysit Friday night. Pete caught this little moment. I was trying to correctly bundle Eleanor in the "miracle blanket" and we were having quite a giggle together. You can see by the look in her eyes that she already has much love for me.
The baptism was on Saturday. I'll save the details for Rob and Carrie to blog about, but look at how lovely she is:
Henry also enjoyed the ceremony. This was taken shortly before he decided to do some splashing in the baptismal font, or the holy water or whatever it is. He's clearly trying to get himself some of that olde tyme religion....or embarass his mother, whichever comes first.
Here's a happy grandma and some proud parents.
And one great aunt. (Eleanor is a girl who knows when it's time to give up the fancy and get her party clothes on.)
Eleanor and Aunt Betsy.
And this is what you get when you ask Henry to smile for a picture. Isn't it fun to have cousins?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a lovely event! that eleanor is a cutie!