Sunday, October 28, 2007

Signs of Fall...

***Warning*** ---Halloween Costume Spoiler Ahead---

So, I thought about doing a photo montage of all of the tissue boxes around our house. There's at least one in each room, but I then I realized I'd have to go take pictures of all of those tissue boxes, and I just didn't want to do that....
So here are pictures of the other things we did this weekend besides blowing noses.
Yesterday morning we went out to the pumpkin patch, which has turned the whole event of buying a pumpkin into a children's entertainment money-maker. We started our morning with apple-cider cinnamon pumpkins and hot cider.
We visited the petting zoo (3 $1 tickets, plus one more for feed). The goats were all very friendly. There was also a big fat bunny, some chickens, a llama and a donkey (which I heard a guy tell his daughter was a horse).
After a quick ride on a little train, Henry bounced in the giant pumpkin.
Then we finally chose our own pumpkins. We plan to carve them tomorrow or Tuesday night....photos to come.
Today we attended Jonah's birthday party at the "Exploratorium"- basically a big play room for kids, with climbing things and a water table and dress up:
Pete thought I should wear the cape. Notice how the flash picks up the spot where the elastic in my shirt is most stretched.
When we got home we took a nap and then we made caramel apples. I didn't make my own caramel, like my mom does. Some day I'll be at that level.
They still turned out quite yummy. Henry only ate the caramel and maybe three bites of apple. I learned that it really is neater to eat it off the stick, than to try to cut it and eat it off a plate.
And here is Henry trying on the costume that his Grandma Mary made him. He loves it! He makes the cuddliest penguin I ever did see!

Here he is posing with a few of his penguin friends.
And that's it for now....there will be plenty more photo opportunities this week. Let's hope I can keep up.

4 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

I'll be watching for the "happy feet" movies!!

fredecker said...

Is an "apple cider cinnamon pumpkin" like a donut?

Betsy said...

Ummm....oops. Yes. They also sell pumpkin donuts. Maybe that's where I was confused. Or maybe I was just really really worn out and spacy.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet, sweet face on that penguin!