Saturday, November 17, 2007

Almost Three

We had a nice, mellow birthday party for Henry today. Just the beginning of his birthday celebrations...this boy is going to think that people just always have multiple birthday parties. Today was just for friends. We'll have family dinner on Monday night, when the grandparents and Auntie Liz and Van can join us. And then we'll have to celebrate a little on his actual birthday as well. Part of our celebration will be taking a train trip! We're excited to head down to Burlington to see lots of family!
Here are some images from the party. Sinead chose the smallest chair for herself, even though she was the oldest at the "kid" table. That's my belly sneaking into the frame to serve up some fruit salad.
We all moved to the big table for cupcakes.
Rhiannon helped to make sure that all of the candles were safely extinguished.
Here's a little bit of an aftermath shot. We had actually just moved into the family room. You can see that there was some fun with trains. You might also notice that I'm a fan of balloons.
And here Jakob and Rhiannon help Henry open a gift. Who's bigger, me or Donna? She's due this week. I still have over a month to go.
Thanks to Pete for taking some pictures and allowing me to actually be documented at the event! He is out tonight with his parents. Our babysitters were all booked, so I had to miss out on Liz's performance. I did have a nice evening with Henry though....once he got over Papa leaving. We ate another meal in the dining room and then played with his new Pla-doh farm. We had a conversation about writing thank-you notes. I suggested that he might draw some pictures of the toys he got and he talked about what he would draw. I then said "and then we can send them out!" and he got all worried and looked at me and said "but can I keep it?" Poor little guy thought I meant we would send the toys back!
Thanks to Henry's (and our) friends for a pleasant little party! I can only hope that all of his parties in the future are so nice.

2 comments:

flyingwaffle said...

It's only right to have lots of birthday parties, especially for three-year-olds. Looks like one fun party!

Love the stylish maternity shirt--you look fabulous! Hope your last month is great!!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

What a sweet little birf-day boy!
Hope the rest of the birthday and turkey festivities went happily, as well!
And ditto on Ellen's maternity comments (as weel as the others, now that I think of it)!