Monday, November 26, 2007

So.

It seems I've run into a bit of bad luck with computers lately. My hard drive, new just in April, has failed. The Genius at the Apple store (no, I'm not being facetious, that's what the fixer-folks are called) said there was nothing I could have done to have prevented or caused the failure. So I guess that's a bit of a consolation. They will replace my hard drive, as I'm still under warranty, but I've lost months of photos, among other things. We have one last hope in the talents of a guy Pete works with, but that's a very slim hope.
That's my update.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Betsy....I'm so sorry. A good lesson in how we should all backup (especially photos I think) on a disc.

Anonymous said...

ugh. i hope pete's co-worker can help where the geniuses weren't able to.

W.F. Decker said...

As soon as you can, install Leopard and start using Time Machine! Really! It is the coolest part of the new Mac OS.

Signed,
Your father, the geek

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Oh my gosh...
Betsy, I'm so sorry for you guys...
And my fingers are crossed for Pete's co-worker's intervention...