Saturday, November 10, 2007

Words

I've been unpacking books and repacking folders and binders from graduate school today. So words are on my mind. Here are a few moments of print that have given me pause lately:

The dessert menu from the Japanese restaurant where Pete and I shared lunch a couple weeks ago. The second item is my favorite.
The side of a box which is in our third bedroom. The box currently contains framed pictures we haven't found a place for. Its former occupant was a bit mushier.
And the poetry on my refrigerator. I don't often enough have people over who seem interested in rearranging the words. If you happen to be around during the holidays/baby time, please, feel free to compose.
And now back to my book....The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather. I still like the name Willa for a girl....

1 comment:

W.F. Decker said...

I didn't know I had permission to touch things on your refrigerator door! Next time I'm there, I'll do some composing.