Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Pete!

Henry and I had a busy day! We got up in time to catch Pete before he left for work, and convinced him to go for a birthday breakfast at Egg Harbor. I'm all about their pumpkin pancake combo right now!
After kissing Papa bye-bye and wishing him a Happy Birthday, Henry and I had lots of running around to do. When we got home we started work on the birthday cake. We let it cool during lunch and napping and then Henry did the decorating. You can see here that he also helped to lick the spoons.
After gift wrapping and much dish washing, I finally managed to get myself in the shower just before Pete got home. We met his parents out for dinner at an awesome place called Matty's Wayside Inn. I should have taken a picture of my prime rib. My goodness, it was huge. I don't think I need to worry about being low on iron anymore. Here's a picture of the family. There are several things to note: A)my belly B) the homey German decor C) the stripey-sweater boys.
Here's a shot of our very friendly waitress. She's practicing to be a grandma for the first time in April. She became Henry's best friend when she split Pete's free birthday sundae so that Henry could have his own dish and candle. Henry even let her wipe his face later....after he licked his bowl.
Here's Pete with his proud parents. They shared happy memories of 34 years ago. Pete was born around 4 in the morning and Peter Sr. still went to work that morning. Some people are crazy. I'm not saying who.... (thanks again for a delicious dinner!)
Peter and Mary had to go off to choir practice, so we came home and had cake and opened presents on our own. Henry was a little bit wound up with all the cake and ice cream, but I think he's finally asleep now.
Happy Birthday Pete! We love you bunches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pete! Your son did a great rendition of the song. What a sweetie. However, it looked like you guys were having a birthday celebration in the "slammer"!!!!!!!!

Great job on the cake Betsy and Henry.

Oh, I see that the word verification I have to do (in order to leave a comment) is: zpiss....very funny!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Happy Birthday to Pete!
Unfortunately, the video isn't available any longer... snif!