Saturday, September 12, 2009

Travelling Art Show

Lately Henry has taken to taping up his art projects wherever he deems appropriate. First there were pieces on the bedroom doors, then the rainbow in this picture showed up, followed soon by the dinosaur and then the "picture in a frame".
Earlier today he asked if I wouldn't like him to make me a project. I said "sure" so he drew this picture of what he and Clara will look like for Halloween and made the lovely red frame for it.
The newest addition showed up just a few minutes ago. In the car tonight Henry took a liking to an Adrian Belew song "Oh Daddy". So he wrote the title up and posted it in the kitchen.
As a child I remember feeling like taping things up on the wall required explicit permission. I kind of love that Henry just takes the initiative to decorate as he sees fit. Of course, now I have to fight the urge to not ever take them down...

4 comments:

Beehave said...

I like how people Henry's age use tape.

Betsy said...

Samantha- I like how you say "people Henry's age" rather than "kids".

W.F. Decker said...

Yeah, like I was heavy handed in the "explicit permission required" area for all activities!

Anonymous said...

obviously the "explicit permission" requirement applied only to tape and not crayons - thus the coloring on the flocked wallpaper on the stairway of Court St. - I'm still not certain anyone ever owned up to that....Rob??? Will??? It's never too late to confess your transgressions.