Saturday, September 26, 2009

Updates

First, the baby news. My friend and neighbor, Helena, had her baby today. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there to help out. Clara developed a fever overnight to go along with her nasty cough. Helena's midwife thought it best that I keep my distance. I was very disappointed, especially as I saw the cars gather in front of the house. I actually took this photo for them. Theirs is the red house. The room where I knew she was laboring is that window on the far right....right next to the giant cement mixer at the jerky neighbor's house.
I kept myself busy by baking banana bread, which I took over later. I also got a call to run out for some ice for them, which helped me feel a little bit useful. When I got the call that the baby was here I ran over with the banana bread. I was going to just wave to Helena and Baby Norbert (!!) from the doorway, but they waved me in. We visited for a bit and I got to hear some of the story. I was honored to be there within his first hour! I guess it got a little hard there at the end, as Norbert had his hand up on his head, but they both came through it just great!

In other news: I baked these crazy brownies today for Henry and Pete to take to our friend's barbecue (a real barbecue- not just grilling out). Clara and I had to stay home. These brownies are from a recipe Aunt Nan shared at the wedding shower Aunt Joyce held for me. Everyone brought a chocolate recipe. These are brownies with Fluff and frosting. Wow. I hope they all get eaten, or at least that Pete has the foresight to not bring any leftovers home.
Bedroom update: We finished painting last weekend. This is a nighttime photo, taken on laundry day, so it's kind of hard to see, but we're really pleased with how the room looks.
And finally....Henry's book!! I'll just translate, in case you can't read it.
"Butts"


"Toot tooty butts"


"This is a picture of a penis really! close."


"Nipple. Hairy on boys. Nipple."


"Ear. They can hear."


"Uvula. It's hangy."


"Poop. It's smelly."


"Pee. Fly-y"

The last four pages of the book each contain a heart and then, of course, "the end".

4 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

May I order a signed first edition?

Ernie Cox said...

that boy has a future in publishing.....

Anonymous said...

the most surprising part to me...."they CAN hear".... Grammie

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

That. Is. So. FUNNY!
(No, not the missing the birthing bit. You know... :-)