Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend in Burlington

I have a few pictures, but this post will be text only. The sad fact is that we are pretty certain our sweet little blue camera is gone. One of us must have set it down somewhere in the FunCity arcade this morning and it must have been picked up by someone who didn't feel the need to turn it in. We've searched, called, called other people, had other people search....and it's just not showing up. I'm very sad about several of the photos and videos that we lost. So, rather than describing the weekend and Katie's wedding, I'm going to describe a few of my favorite photos while I can still picture them in my head.
The first was Clara, just after getting her hair done at the salon. She still had on her lavender top, but her hair was all flower-girled up. Lots of curls in back (with lots of hairspray....another photo I've just remembered shows Clara covering her face while the stylist sprays her with lots of hairspray) a tiny tiara on top and two little flower clips. She has her back to the camera, so you can see all of her pretty hair, but she's peeking back at me in the mirror, so you can see her sweet face too.
At the church Katie, already in her wedding gown, helped straighten Clara's big pink bow on the back of her dress. Neither of them were looking at the camera.
A short video caught Clara testing out how well her flower girl dress would twirl.
Another video was taken while the entire bridal party was posing for a group photo. Clara and her compatriot flower girl, Sam, were holding hands together in front and Clara was waving her bouquet to get the gnats away.
At the ceremony I caught a quick shot of Clara and Sam walking across the front of the church. The composition isn't great, but you can see how proud of herself Clara is by the expression on her face.
In between the ceremony and the reception we tried to get the kids to nap. We had taken off Clara's dress, but she still had on her white lacy socks, her Hello Kitty underpants and her fancy hair when she sat down on the bed to read a book.
Mom took a couple of pretty good pictures of Pete, Henry, Clara and I sitting at our table. We also had a couple of me and Clara and of Pete and Henry. It's not too often that we get nice whole-family shots. 
The kids were very excited to dance at the party. I got all 4 cousins to stand still for a brief moment and snapped several shots, trying to get them all to look at once. The best, I thought, was (from left to right) Eleanor, Henry, Anders and Clara. Henry is already all sweaty-headed and is crouching down to the height of the other kids. Eleanor is looking at the camera with a little smile and Anders has his tongue sticking out too the side. Eleanor's dress was full of bright flowers. Anders was in a green shirt with a little dinosaur tie.
I'm not sure I can capture it in words, but I was hoping to frame a beautiful picture of Henry and Clara sitting together on the dance floor. Clara's white dress was fluffed out around her legs and Henry was looking up with a sweet smile.
Later in the night, when Henry fell asleep across two chairs, I took a picture of him sleeping with the dancing in the background.
One of the last shots I took this morning was of Anders and Henry together playing Guitar Hero. They each had the 'guitars' strapped around their necks and they were giving me their best rocking out faces.
I have a slim little bit of hope that somehow the camera might still show up. Hopefully someone picked it up and just got lazy about turning it in to lost and found. They'll probably get tired of hearing from me over the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Here's hoping for a camera recovery. Those word pictures are pretty nice, though. Almost better in some ways, because they show mom's full involvement in those moments. Thanks from your dad for sharing them.