Monday, May 22, 2006

Home again...

I don't know quite have a plan for blogging about the whole weekend, and I"m not sure how much energy I have tonight. But I thought I should post something for all of those people out there (Joyce) who are waiting for some sort of update. So here's a few pics from our first night in Portland.
Pete, Henry and I flew in on Thursday, met up with Amber and Jeff at the airport. Picked up our Dollar rental car and headed to the Residence Inn. We had a nice two-floor suite, which we shared with Amber and Jeff and then with Matt when he showed up on Friday. Henry thought the stairs were fun. He also enjoyed bouncing to the tunes on Amber's ipod. Most of all I think he liked having a captive audience with whom to share his tricks.

After checking in we walked up to Broadway where we quickly indulged in our first McMenamins (sp?) burger of the weekend. Turns out McMenamins has several places in the Portland area. Some are just restaraunt/brewpubs, but they also have a couple of bed-and-breakfast type places as well. More on that later... Here's a shot of Amber, Jeff and Henry at lunch. We did not yet know that we should have ordered the tater tots, rather than the fries.

Later on we went to Ellen and Don's house for a casual barbeque. Don cooked up a storm, as usual. We met his family for the first time and said Hi to Ellen's family, many of whom we hadn't seen for a long time.

Here's Pete enjoying some time on the lawn. The manequin in the background let people know where the party was.

We also got to see Tomi and Leo, Ellen's twin nephews from France. They were having some time-change adjustments, and weren't quite sure about sharing their bubbles with Henry. Fortunately there were plenty of bubbles to go around.

Okay...I think I'll go to bed and try to blog again in a couple days. Probably won't be tomorrow...as I'll be trying to celebrate my birthday before I have to head to class at 4:00. Wheee!

No comments: