Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Okay Already!

I DO love poetry...I just can't seem to keep up with even READING blogs these last few days...not sure why, you'd think I'd have more time on my hands with my mom here. SO much to blog about...SO much to do before getting back to work tomorrow. Pete's putting Henry to bed tonight so I can have my alone time with the Gilmore Girls (and a glass of wine). Maybe I"ll catch up after that....in the meantime, here's a quick one I can do without much thinking....
No, I haven't had one, and no, I'm not planning to, I just like the poem....


Consolations After an Affair
------------------------
My plants are whispering to one another:
they are planning a little party
later on in the week about watering time.
I have quilts on beds and walls
that think it is still the 19th century.
They know nothing of automobiles and jet planes.
For them a wheat field in January
is their mother and enough.
I've discovered that I don't need
a retirement plan, a plan to succeed.
A snow leopard sleeps beside me
like a slow, warm breeze.
And I can hear the inner birds singing
alone in this house I love.

-James Tate



*Sorry...I know poetry month has passed, but I do love a challenge.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

great choice.