Saturday, July 22, 2006

Nine Miles Where?

Thursday night Pete's band played a gig at Durty Nellie's in Palatine. It was a little bit of a drive to get there. More so for our friends from the city. Parking was more of a challenge than expected! The place was spick and span, though. And cavernous as well. Plenty of room to mosh.
Everyone was there. The two Marys....
Stookey and Stephen...
These two crazy dancers...
The band sounded good. They rocked the estrogen-influenced tunes, which is always enjoyable.
Pete asked me to hold on to his wedding ring. Something about not being able to wear it while he's drumming...? I don't know. Seemed a little suspicious.
There once was a time when I would go out to all the shows and I wasn't fazed if a show didn't start until 10PM, even when I was originally told it would start at 8:30. I'm not quite that same girl anymore, but it was fun to pretend for one night. Rock and Roll!

Some of you may notice I was wearing my Central Standards t-shirt. Seems that cover bands don't typically sell shirts, especially at their first ever gig. So I spread the good word of the C.S. instead.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who that Stookey guy is but Henry (check out his first photo in the following blog entry) looks suspiciously like him! Hmmmm.

fredecker said...

Uh...
In that picutre of the people dancing, if you look at the large version is it possible that the person on the right is Pauley Shore?
I'm just wondering.

Carrie and Rob said...

i like all the "rock sign" photos.
hardcore.

-c

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! Glad the band is gigging!!

And of course, thanks for spreading some Standard love!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you still have that same grin from third grade at Longfellow

amber c. said...

Um. Who's the anonymous (at first I typed annoymous - perhaps my psyche working in my fingertips) fellow Longfellower?

amber c. said...

Before settling on O, I had thots of Rattan Ticku or Katy Hermson flying through my brain - or maybe that creepy kid Nate or the one boy who could make himself throw up on command. What was his name? Jerome? I wasn't sure how they found you in blogspace, but I'm sure it can happen. I was tempted to google Matt Stroud (or whatever lastname he used) last week. I refrained, however.

amber c. said...

And then I thot briefly, that maybe Silas was making virtual eyes at you!