Thursday, July 13, 2006

Outside

Here are some random thoughts and photos...
This is the outside wall of our family room. I think I want to plant some hollyhocks there, since the wall is so ugly. Any thoughts? Any other tall things that might look nice? Grasses maybe.
Here's a shot of my tomatoes all tied up. I used an old pillowcase. I have over 20 on there right now. Guess it may be a bumper crop! Pretty good for my first try. Just hope they continue to survive the yard's wildlife. Their chances are much better now that Bart is back on duty.
Then there's a photo of some of our lillies with two little green flies hanging out. I'm glad they're out there on the flower instead of inside with the ants. Yuck.
Henry has been enjoying his new water machine. I think it's actually made for sand, but he has fun pouring water through it.
And finally...some of our bird friends enjoying the new feeder. They're going crazy on the thing!
The other day I counted at least 9 finches. The mourning doves kind of push everyone else out with their chubbiness, and the grackles and red-winged blackbirds are just bossy and mean. It makes for some interesting wildlife viewing!





3 comments:

amber c. said...

I have tomato quantity envy! Those are going to be great in a few weeks!!

W.F. Decker said...

I love hollyhocks. They would look great there. Then you could show Henry how to make a princess out of a hollyhock blossom and bud. Do you remember doing that when you were little?

Carrie and Rob said...

i think something climbing and flowering--clematis or maybe a rose bush that will take to a trellis--would look lovely in addition to the hollyhocks.

-c