Friday, July 14, 2006

Sushi

Last night I made my first sushi. It had cabbage instead of rice, as I'm trying to lose a few pounds. It also had tofu and carrots. I found the recipe at this site. Sadly, I forgot to add the baby corn. I guess I'll save that for another meal.


It turned out pretty well. It was easy and quite tasty. The nori was pretty tough though...any tips on making it not-so? I didn't soak it, as neither the package nor the recipe said to, but where I moistened it so that it would stick together-those places were softer. (Please admire my sentence structure). I think I'll try to put Henry down for a nap and have some leftovers for lunch. Due toAmber's blog I have to make Pete blt's for dinner. I'm not complaining at all. They're one of my favorite foods. I just hope he knows there will be LOTS of blt's once my tomatoes ripen....

2 comments:

amber c. said...

BLTs are good for breakfast, lunch and dinner! The nori usually softens with the moisture in the rice... so I'd maybe wipe one side with a damp paper towel in lieu of the rice. Cabbage is an interesting trick!

W.F. Decker said...

I'll take some with tuna, rice, avacado, whatever... Yum!