Friday, February 09, 2007

Busy Business

I should just keep my posts to one topic, but then I have lots of photos I want to share, so I jumble them all together...I'm doing that again now.
So here's a typical scene from our house in the evening. Henry and Papa were playing with the train. I was tired and lying on the floor. Henry and Papa decided to build the train track around me, and then for some reason Henry piled pillows on top of me. Then my brother called and Henry came over for the photo op.
And later Henry had some phone time with Grammie. You really have to catch him at the right time, or he's not in the mood to talk. This night he was very chatty.
We did, indeed, spend some time crafting yesterday. We didn't get out a lot of product, so don't feel hurt if you don't receive one of these valentines.
And last night I went to one of those assemble-your-own-supper-and-take-it-home-to-your-freezer places. It was mostly a social event with some of my co-worker friends. We had a fun time. They provided us with some samples to snack on and we had a little wine before we started. I brought home 7 meals to feed 3 for about $63. Not too bad! It will be nice to have some MREs on tired nights.
Here's a shot of the kitchen area...for those who are interested in that sort of thing... They were rocking the tunes as well. I think I heard "It's Raining Men" followed by "Love Hurts" and "Secret Agent Man" and I'm pretty sure the night ended with "Freebird".
Stay tuned for photos from the Aquarium and the Auto Show. Aunt Joyce and Cousin Matthew are coming in today. Henry developed a bit of a cold overnight, so I'm hoping he's up for all of the excitement. And now I'm off to try to put the house in some sort of order...or at least wash the sheets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

since this fall's shift from leisurely grad student to full-time worker and pregnant lady, i have been increasingly interested in those assemble-and-take-home meal deals--you'll have to let me know what you think of the final product. that place sure looks snazzy, and who could beat the soundtrack?
love the crafting photos--glitter!!!

Scotta Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scotta Allen said...

Sorry about the deleted comment! I'm not sure how that happened.

We decided to do Super Suppers just last night. I'd love to hear how they taste, too, and how long do they take to thaw/cook?