Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day! "Yaaayyyyyy!!!!"

We got the call at quarter to six this morning. When I hung up the phone and said "snow day!" Henry said "Yaaayyyyy!!!!" and clapped and bounced up and down. It was hilarious. I'm not sure he knew what it meant, but he knew it was good stuff.
Papa had to head outside to shovel. I tried to get a picture of him, but all I got was this:
I stayed inside and enjoyed a hot mug of tea (lately I drink my tea with half-and-half, not sure what's up with that). Here you can see one of my Valentine mugs and my lovely bread box in the background. Pete bought me the breadbox as a Christmas gift. The sides are red.
Franklin did not enjoy the snow as much as Henry and I did. No matter how often I scraped out a spot for him, the wind kept whipping up a new snowdrift. Poor little low-belly.
Henry and I occupied ourselves by playing train, doing laundry and making Valentine cookies. I had one little casualty...dropping this newly frosted beauty into the aloe plant.
And here's the boy, freshly up from his nap. He was promised a cookie post-nap, and he didn't forget it when he awoke. He chose a white one with sprinkles. This was taken shortly before the conversation featured in the previous post. You can almost imagine that he's starting to get a whiff of something in this picture.
Here's the snow piled up between the screen and the sliding door. I just thought it looked cool. It's about twice as high now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one of those cookies! Let's hear it for snow days!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

WOO-HOO-OO-OO! This was a good read/look for a rainy Alsatian February day. Oh, and I LOVE that bread box! And would love one of those cookies, too! & laughed outloud at the lowbelly comment...