Monday, February 12, 2007

I Lied...

I'm not posting about the Auto Show quite yet. I thought I'd mix it up a bit. Here are some crafting photos instead, because there are wonderful things happening in the world of crafting...
Joyce has gone sock crazy. She is currently knitting some very cute socks for Henry. Here he is trying them on:
And the close-up of the unfinished toe. Don't you just want to nibble on those toes? Maybe that's just the mother in me...
Joyce also took up her whole suitcase with my quilt... Some of you may remember that she started this for me before my wedding. There may even be a piece in there that you donated! It turned out beautifully!
Here's a close-up so you can see the heart design stitching. Joyce did have some help finishing the piecing and I believe the stitching was done by machine. I absolutely LOVE it! On the back is a tag with my full name and Pete's full name, then first date (Valentine's '94) and engagement (Valentine's '02) and our wedding date.
Joyce and I spent a good two hours at the yarn shop in town (3 Bags Full) and I finally found some yarn I'm excited about for Pete's scarf. This shot is blurry, but I think it's fairly true for color. Several of you know that I started and re-started several scarves for him, but nothing was feeling right. I was wanting to do a ribbed scarf, but then saw a scarf that was knit on the length, giving it that vertical texture, but without all the hassle of purling. Not sure yet how wide I'll make it. The woman who helped me in the yarn shop is the mother of one of my first kindergarten students at Greenbriar. She said that "since Pete is an artist" I could go with a skinnier scarf for him. I still think I'll go wide.
One last note. We just received a call from Chloe's mom. Chloe got her valentine in the mail today. The report is that she's carrying it around the house saying "Henry made this for me!" and "Isn't Henry cute?" Oh dear. My little Casanova. He does know how to pick 'em!

1 comment:

amber c. said...

i, too, want to venture into sock making, but i need some help getting started. if i ever return to my knitting group, they can help me. the quilt is lovely! and, i like pete's artsy scarf yarn, too!