Sunday, July 15, 2007

Won't spoil my weekend

Even though I'm fighting a bad headcold, we still enjoyed a fabulous weekend in Iowa. I'm needing to get to bed asap, so I'll keep this brief.
On Friday we made our first stop at Rob and Carrie's to ooh and aah over baby Eleanor. Here's Eleanor and Uncle Pete checking each other out. I suspect they were both impressed with what they saw.

Henry plopped himself down on the couch and immediately held out his arms in a gesture saying 'let me hold my cousin!' He was so gentle with her. Gave her sweet little caresses on her face and commented on her tiny toes.
And then he got some time with the new dad- watering the flowers with the squirt gun.
We spent the night out at the lake with Mom and enjoyed a relaxing Saturday morning there. Henry loved the little mini beach down by the docks. Here he is enjoying himself in his Superman swimwear.



Around noon Uncle Will and Aunt Sandy showed up. Henry spent some quality time with each of them as well. After some napping we all hauled ourselves in to town for more baby time. I think Eleanor enjoyed her first outing to Pagliai's. You can't see it here but her onesie says "My Aunt Kicks Butt". Indeed. Sadly, I didn't get any photos holding her. I tried to limit my snuggle time- due to this stupid cold.
I also didn't get any photos of the proud Grammie with her two grandchildren. I guess I'll get one soon enough.
Here's a little clip of Henry holding Eleanor and having a baby conversation with Carrie. Take note of the point when Henry seems to say to himself "enough about this baby- let's talk about me for a while".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't get enough of that boy....what a nice cousin he is and what a great big brother he will be. "there are bones in there"....hilarious!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

This was a really cute post all around. Congratulations to your bro!
First question: does the bones in arms question come from your mom's accident?
Second question: BIG BROTHER?!
Third question: Did I miss some really big news while I was not really in Blog Land for a couple months??