Friday, August 10, 2007

Pickles and Ice Cream

Amber's been asking for some belly pictures. If you didn't know I was pregnant- you do now! What's in there? A medicine ball? Horizontal stripes and maternity clothes don't exactly camouflage the bulge. Not even due until Dec. 31st, but at this rate....
If you can get past the glimpse of giant belly, you may notice new short hair and the pesto pizza Henry and I made for dinner. His favorite part? Poking fingerprints into the rising dough. And eating the cheese, of course.



And yes, I have sort of been wanting ('craving' seems strong) pickles lately! Rather than ice cream I had a Frappucino yesterday....perhaps my first since before Henry was born? Not to say that I haven't been abusing Starubucks. Oh! Which reminds me!
I'm making the official announcement here, so that you all can hold me accountable....

I am giving up plastic cups and plastic water bottles. If I don't have my reusable cups or water bottles with me, I will just go thirsty. It's out of control the amount of plastic we consume, and my feeble excuses are just not holding up anymore. This is it. If you see a plastic (or paper) Starbucks cup in my car, please, feel free to verbally abuse me. If you want to jump on the bandwagon, let me know and we can keep each other accountable!

5 comments:

amber c. said...

I will try that too -- I was just looking at metal bottles online. Going to try to find locally, tho. And... um... you look pregnant. Now I know what Mary was talking about. And, I'd prefer it if you say the baby will (hopefully) be born on Dec. 30! Anyway -- you look fabulous! And cute hair, too!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness Betsy....I just saw you several weeks ago and I don't think you had a belly then!

Interesting that you bring up the bottle thing. Recently I've been re-thinking the whole giving my clients a bottle of water before they leave thing. Crap, I just started doing that several years ago and people absolutely love that I do it. But, lately I've been aware of how much extra plastic I'm sending out into the universe. Perhaps I'll just offer people a glass of filtered water before they leave.

Boy...Kermit was right....It ain't easy being green!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

LOVELY YOU!
And another YAY! for getting greener. (I've been meaning to blog about this for some time, now...)
Back tot he first sentence: More congratualtions! And if you get over here in the next few months, I've got plenty of homemade pickles to tickle you tummy... heh! heh!

flyingwaffle said...

Love the belly shot. You look great!

Speaking of water bottles, my favorite find at an estate sale was a 16 oz glass orange juice bottle from many years back. It fits in my purse and the water seems to stay cold longer than in my nalgene bottles. And I keep hearing people say glass is best, if you can avoid breaking it.

Beehave said...

Betsy- the cup thing is fab! Ernie had decided to do the sa,e a few weeks back.
I think I will follow suit.