Friday, August 10, 2007

Pulling the plug

We're finally doing it! For all intents and purposes, we're getting rid of t.v.. This is the time for us to do it, as the only show we really care about right now (and do, in fact have the season premiere on our calendar already) is The Office. And we can get that on the computer. We can listen to the Cubs on the radio, we may miss football and the occasional awards show. Pete called to cancel the cable. They haven't turned it off yet, but if they don't do it soon we'll be unplugging the t.v.. We plan to leave it where it is so we can watch DVDs when we want to....we're not totally crazy. Henry only watches about 20 minutes a day, but what good is he getting out of it? And best to do this now before the new baby comes! The plan is to not spend more time on the computer, but I'll keep you posted. Maybe I should start clocking my computer time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay....now I can't come and visit any more. The real reason I come is so I can watch cable....since I haven't had it for the last 10 years! I like those goofy shows where some stylists dis a person's wardrobe and then give the person tips on buying new stuff....and, of course, the food network. Oh well.....you're goin' to miss me!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

YAY! Another club member!

flyingwaffle said...

I keep thinking we should do this, but it's just so hard! Maybe with the restaurant and new baby we'll find that we don't have time to watch much tv anymore and we can finally cancel the crazy satelite tv. It has been annoying me recently and I've found more time for reading some good books...

amber c. said...

go, you. we could go back to "before cable" i think -- but, we get the networks with an antenna... not so for you? now i'm recalling that i was going to cancel it after our jamaica trip, but i must have forgotten!