Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Our Valentine's Day has had a rough start, but it seems to be getting better.... we'll keep our fingers crossed. Henry was acting very cranky, and I should have gotten suspicious when he didn't eat all of his oatmeal. But I didn't really recognize that he truly wasn't feeling well until he laid down next to me on the bed while I was nursing Clara and fell asleep...at 8:30 in the morning. He napped for about half an hour, I took a shower and later when I was trying to change the cover on the changing table I heard some coughing. Poor little guy threw up all over our bed. I managed to strip the bed before the damage was too bad. Got Henry in the tub and the bedding in the wash. Got the carpet cleaned up and got Henry bundled up on the couch with a video. Then Grandma and Grandpa came over. They were going to sit with Clara so Henry and I could do some grocery shopping for a special dinner. It ended up being a solo shopping trip for me. a sad, sick boy....fortunately he missed the quilt when he got sick....most of it landed on Daddy's pillow

Anyway- he seems to be feeling better. He's had a little apple juice and some toast. We're about to go try for a nap. Here are some Valentine's images for you to enjoy:
artwork from school


a table of gifts


we still have a few cookies left... Henry was in charge of sprinkles


the dessert I'm looking forward to after the kids are in bed...(there is also wine)


a valentine smile


a boy on the mend

2 comments:

amber c. said...

three things: 1. happy valentine's day! 2. glad hank's on the mend -- hope no one else catches it! 3. the quilt looks awesome in use! i'm so impressed with joyce's handy skills!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....I don't like it when little boys get sick! (glad he missed the quilt) A really nice assortment of Valentine photos....beautiful children, pretty presents, sweet valentines, yummy cookies, great looking dessert (and wine!) and lovely smiles. All you need to complete the set is a photo of you and your honey! Happy Valentine's Day. Love you guys.