Friday, March 21, 2008

Images from our day...

Because today it is (again) doing this:...we decided to take a trip to the zoo.
Henry was the zoo keeper. He had his keys and his walkie-talkie. How about a close-up of that hat?
Here's the penguin house (Henry's favorite exhibit):
We created a "North Woods" exhibit for the moose, bears and loon:
I am a big fan of the African Animals exhibit.
Here are the ocean animals, which originally included a duck...
....which later moved to the farmyard animals exhibit.
Of course, there's the monkey house:
We also have a lovely ticket stand and snack shack (which serves animal crackers). We're anxiously awaiting Dad's arrival home to see if he'll fork out a real dollar for his ticket. If he does I told Henry he could put it in his piggy bank.
Now....here's a cute picture of Clara going to sleep under her beautiful new blanket from Aunt Joyce:
And here's another gift Clara got today. I knew it was going to be good when I saw the packaging:
The contents, quite literally, brought tears to my eyes.
Oh my gosh-I can't wait till these fit her! Thanks Bruce and Ellen!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....you and Henry crack me up with the activities you think up. First the beach, now the zoo! I love the exhibits.

p.s. I want those boots!

ZG said...

I think you all have one of the nicest zoos I have ever seen! What a perfect way to spend a snowy spring day. I hope dad had the dollar to be able to take the tour when he got home. And yes, Clara is one lucky gal to be the proud owner of those incredibly cool boots!

Anonymous said...

Henry...you are the greatest zoo keeper of all time! I love your hat! Good job on scoring those boots Clara, but who are Bruce and Ellen? grammie

sarah90046 said...

what a lucky girl!
Joyce's blanket is beautiful. And the boots -- oh wow!

Betsy said...

Bruce and Ellen are Clara and Henry's great Uncle and Aunt on their paternal grandfather's side.
(Bampa's brother and his wife.)