Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stop the Insanity!!*

Van, now living in Ohio, sent this jersey home with Liz for Henry. It's from Notre Dame, because that's where he's getting his master's. We sent him some photos to say "thank you"....and also...."don't buy him an OSU jersey, because he won't be wearing that". Henry loves it and spent yesterday afternoon playing football with Bampa.
Today Clara and I finally got to take our trip to Papa's office.
After hugs and oohs and aahs all around, we went out for pho. I didn't take any photos until we were all finished. You can see the gigantic bowls, the array of condiments, and the remains of my "salty lemonade". It was delicious and filling and great company all around. Sorry not to have any photos of Jim, John or Ellen....
When we got home there was a large package outside the door. It was from my childhood friend, Olivia, with whom I recently reconnected after about ten years of being completely out of touch. Here is what was inside:
Holy lord. The girl lives in St. John's Newfoundland (Canada) right now and this is a sampling of local candies, t-shirts for Henry and Clara, about 8 cds of different things, a couple of books and postcards.... Don't miss the giant Kinder Egg. Henry is going to be very excited for that one.
Olivia....don't think that don't know you chose some of these things based purely on their names.....

One of the CDs she sent is the Juno soundtrack, which I've been wanting since I saw the movie. I have an instant love for Kimya Dawson's music.

*Alternate post title: Too Much Cute, Too Much Food, Too Much Candy

3 comments:

fredecker said...

I'd like to hear Rob's explanation of what "pudding bag" really means and whether the pre-phrase "olde tyme" has any significance.

Carrie and Rob said...

I'll add my two cents on the pudding bag when i have more time. I'm actually surprised that Climax Mixture has garnered no questioning.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Not long ago, my mom mentioned that she was sure that the woman who did the soundtrack for Juno (which we have yet to see) was the same that she'd heard when it was our turn to put in a CD as we drove down to Burgundy two years ago. And lo and behold!

Kimya Dawson is fantastic.
And Mom wasn't sleeping.

And "Go, Olivia!" Wow...