Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food and other things...

Firstly....Happy Birthday to Liz! I didn't bake you a cake, but here's a picture with one in it...
As I look through my photos of recent events it seems like we've been doing a lot of eating...so I'll just write about that. Here's Henry last Saturday. We went to Hot Tamales in Highland Park. I had to run an errand over that way, so it seemed like a good excuse. This is our second favorite Mexican place in the Chicagoland area. Please note that Henry rarely lets me take a nice picture anymore. Here's Clara. She's all "Yes! I love sweet potatoes! Give me a terrorist fist-jab!"
This one was taken Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous day and we were up early, so we went for a breakfast picnic. Henry's stuffing his face with a chocolate chip muffin.
Sunday night I grilled up some steaks from the Brewer farm. Grandpa Brewer is my cousin Katie's grandpa on her mom's side (are you still with me?). Katie's parents sent some meat and corn as a thank-you for letting her stay here.
The steaks were awesome and, aside from the part I cut up for Henry, I ate the whole thing. Actually....this entire dinner was donated. The asparagus was left in our freezer from the things we ordered from Super Suppers (with a gift card from friends at work when I had Clara). And the salad was given to us by Pete's mom before they left town again. I guess we did buy the wine and the tomatoes.
Here's Henry- fresh from Camp yesterday. He's spending his mornings this week at a Children's Museum camp. He really likes it.
I, however, do ridiculous mommy-brain things like drop him off with my nursing bra half-unsnapped and picking him up with my neon green Crocs on. Good thing he doesn't know enough to be embarrassed by me yet. There's plenty of time for that in our future...

4 comments:

amber c. said...

i love it! i especially love the idea of a breakfast picnic!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos....especially love lookin' at that steak! And by the way, it's Breuer (the spelling I mean).

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture is Clara's fist jab. I think there have been some fist jabs going on in my belly lately! I have a request to go to either your first or second favorite Mexican restaurant the next time we are out visiting with you.

sarah90046 said...

Clara looks like Tom. Maybe it is just the pose....