Thursday, July 10, 2008

Keeping Tabs

Henry's been keeping tabs on lots of things these past several weeks. We've been watching the pumpkin plants grow like crazy. They will soon overtake our entire backyard, I fear. We've also been watching several nests. These little guys seem to be doing pretty well. Pete originally found them while he was trimming the hedges, and then we worried for a while that the mom had abandoned them. Imagine our happy surprise!!
Baby birds fascinate me. At this stage they are hideous and adorable all at the same time. I felt bad for this little guy. I was trying to be quiet, but every time I rustled the bush a bit he popped his head up and opened his gullet for a worm.
There's also a very cute tiny bunny in the front yard we've been watching, but so far no pictures of him.

No comments: