Monday, July 20, 2009

Another Busy Weekend (Or: I'm Losing Steam on Cute Titles)

This weekend was the bachelorette soirée for Liz. The ladies gathered here Saturday evening for a champagne punch drinking-boa wearing good time.
I positioned myself to get a picture of Liz's reaction when she first saw the bachelorette cake (thank you Deerfield's bakery! Most naughtily-delicious cake I've ever had!). The cake was fuzzed out in this photo to protect the innocent.
After a quick game which involved video trivia with Van, Liz opened some gifts. She got some very nice things...and one or two things that made us all laugh....and eventually close the front door...
These are a few of the reactions to cake-cutting shenanigans.
Aw.
Here's Liz and me and her two other bridesmaids. We did go out to a couple of clubs downtown for dancing afterward. I do believe much fun was had by all!
Since I didn't get home until about 2:30 in the morning, I tried desperately to sleep in on Sunday. I managed to stay in bed for a while, though I'm not sure it was really restful sleep. Part of the reason may have been because the kids were left to their own devices in their bedroom. We're not sure who started the crayon-on-the-carpet activity, but we're certain there was participation on both sides.
Last night we had a more mellow evening with our friends Keri and Sue and their son Noah. The weather was still a little cool, so we decided to eat inside.
We did play outside a bit, though.
And Keri and Sue brought push-up pops for the kids. Whose face is the cutest?


Three-way tie!!!
Here's Clara this morning, helping me dismantle from the party.
Henry has just gotten up from his nap. He's asking me again "NOW how many days until we go to Grandpa Bill's?" I don't think he knows, yet, that he gets to go shopping for a new fishing pole soon with his dad!

2 comments:

carrie said...

perfect dangle-y earrings for FBL! have you tried to get the crayon out, or is is sticking around as a warning of sorts?

Sandy said...

Those are some big eyes on Noah!