Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Time Flies

Our baby girl is 18 months old today! Here she was at under 3 months, making a very Clara face...
She is our little princess and our little comedienne. She loves hats and shoes and pretty dresses. Her antics at the dinner table often include putting her bib over her head and waiting for someone to notice. After dinner tonight, while Pete folded laundry, she worked very diligently at putting on a pair of my underpants. She then walked around the house with them around her ankles (over her pajamas of course). She loves to dance and sing and read books. Her current favorites are Sleepytime, Goodnight Moon and Mr. Brown Can Moo. She cuddles and gives kisses to her baby dolls and Ellie, her yellow elephant. When we go to pick her up from her nap she stands in her crib and points to all of her things one at a time until we name each one ('There is my doll. There is my teddy. There is my bunny. There is my alphabet. My nuk is on the floor. My diaper is wet'). She gives great big bear hugs to each one of us frequently, including her brother. She has a very jealous streak though too. She will not stand for someone else being in my lap. She also doesn't want Henry to crowd her, and she often pushes him away when he's too close. Her voice is loud! She sings sweetly. It goes without saying that we love her beyond words. We are so excited about all of the growing and learning she has done over these past 6 months and can't even imagine what the next 6 months will bring.

7 comments:

Joyce said...

Lovely Clara.....Happy year-and-a- half. You are a dear who brings much joy. I wish I could see you each day and I want to read Goodnight Moon with you.
XO

amber c. said...

sweet! love that sassy girl!

Carrie and Rob said...

My favorite may have been her 4th of July hat that she wore around our house last weekend, while walking into walls as it covered her eyes. Now that was hilarious.

Uncle Rob

W.F. Decker said...

Someday, she is going to be someone's "crazy Aunt Clara" and she will write children's books and always wear crazy hats.

carrie said...

yay for clara jean, my favorite niece!

Beehave said...

really enjoyed this post. It is hard to remember to take a moment and think about how remarkable these little people are. I look forward to meeting her one day. (Maybe Ernie will this weekend?)

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

I've enjoyed watching it all happen from afar, and am looking forward to the next six months of it, too! Hugs from Over There!