Thursday, July 16, 2009

Exhausted

Seems like lately when I speak to people on the phone they say something like "You sound exhausted". Not exactly a relaxing summer, I guess. We're having lots of fun, but I'm not getting much sleep at all. Ah well. I guess there are more important things that sleep...temporarily.
On Monday we had a nice lunch at my friend Janice's house. She had Cari and I over with the kids so the kids could meet her parrot and her puppy and feed the fish in her pond. Cari is my co-teacher and Janice is our classroom aide and somehow we managed to barely talk about work. It was very nice. Cari is moving soon and she donated a few items to us, including this Dora dollhouse, which both kids love.
Here's Clara operating the changeable table. The food flips over so the plates can be empty or full.
Henry was bothered that there was no staircase or other apparent way for Dora and her family to get upstairs. So he built one out of blocks. We also discovered that the dollhouse talks when you move certain things (Hooray! Talking toys!) and there's a little radio that you can press for some Flamenco music. It makes both kids dance.
Here's Henry romancing the camera.
Last night Pete was out to hear a friend's band, and the kids were sound asleep. I was working on my computer in the dark living room and suddenly the Dora house shouted at me "Let's get something to eat from the refrigerator!!!!" Scared the crap out of me. After she repeated it in Spanish (about 12 minutes later) I found the switch and turned it off.
This morning, after a trip to see Auntie Liz and take her some birthday flowers (Happy Birthday Liz! Sorry I didn't get some photos of you with your niece and nephew!) we packed up some lunch and went to the pool. Here's Clara trying to make sure she has enough sunblock applied.
And Henry showing off his new trunks. Grammie had bought him some cool guitar ones, but they kept falling off. When Henry saw these at Target he would not be talked into anything less brand-y. He loves them and shows them to anyone who will pay attention...the lifeguard, the neighbors, the other kids at the pool...
Now I'm letting Henry watch a little bit of afternoon television so I can have a quiet moment. I spent most of nap time napping with him... Tonight we'll probably go to the bike races for the first time this summer. I think it's going to be frozen pizza for dinner.

1 comment:

W.F. Decker said...

Your Father says, "Get some rest!" Come to the lake and sleep while we play with the kids.