Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Do The Hustle


The Hustle Up The Hancock is coming up in about a week and a half. I'm getting a little nervous, because, though I've been doing the stair-master at the Y I couldn't say I've gotten myself in shape. The half-hustle is 52 or 54 flights of stairs. I've done 60 on the machine, but I realized an important thing the other day. The machine has handles! The stairs only have a railing on one side. I guess I could do it the way Kristy* suggested and reach all the way across to the other side, monopolizing the entire stairwell, but supporting myself in the process. Or I could borrow a walker of some sort to lean on while I climb. I guess what I'll probably end up doing is just plodding up slowly, step by step...dreaming of the bagels and juice that await me when I'm finished. Thanks, again, to those of you who have pledged money to the ALA in support of my climb, or who have just offered general words of support! I have already surpassed my goal, but if anyone else is still interested in pledging you can go to: Hustle click on 'sponsor a climber' type in my first and last name and it will tell you what to do. Use 'Betsy'.

*Kristy= A friend and coworker who is also doing the Hustle. We agree that our other climbing partner-friend, Colleen, is crazy, as she is going to attempt to run the thing. We figure we'll wave as she turns that first corner and jogs out of our line of sight.

1 comment:

DeLuxe Cakes and Pastries said...

Go Betsy. You will do great. Sounds like a nightmare for me. 13 flights and I would be gone. Good luck. Can you bring your ipod or some type of music?