Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Million Little Blog Pieces...

So many things to write about....it really should be several entries. I'll keep the items brief. We start here with the miracle double fortune cookie that came in our take-out the other night. Sadly, the fortunes themselves were not miraculous, nor really even fortunes if you ask me.....



















We move on to the elk meat. Yes, elk meat. Pete brought 15 lbs. of it home, along with a cookbook made by some friends of ours. I've always kind of thought hunting was sort of okay if you were going to actually use the meat, so I guess we'll try to eat it. Please take note of the wine reccommendations included in the cookbook.











And finally....the photos you've all been waiting for.....Space Bag!!!
Before:

















After:
















It's a miracle of modern vaccuumism. Less impressive in the photos than I thought it would be....

4 comments:

DeLuxe Cakes and Pastries said...

where did the bags come from? i like them.
what is your dog's name?

amber c. said...

those space bags are miraculous!

Anonymous said...

Hello- Heather Johnson here, wife of the elk hunter, yes... 500 pounds of elk are currently chilln out in our deep freezer in the garage. I do have to say, and I was surprised, Elk is yummy! I am serious. For all you non-believers you must try it to believe. And added bonuses include: meat is leaner than chix! and good ol stanley (yes the elk has a name) was never injected with any hormones just good ol grass.

amber c. said...

i'm sold! can you fedex some to memphis!? ;)