Sunday, February 05, 2006

What's Up?

Something is up with our digital camera. It's putting me into a funk. That's why there are no new photos. Aside from that, I worked Wednesday through Friday and now Dad is in town. So we've been a little busy. Yesterday we were able to take advantage of Dad's new shiny red truck to take a few big things out to Deerfield. We took the big cd shelves, Pete's dresser (which I wouldn't mind not seeing again) and a bookshelf. It opens things up a bit more in here, which will hopefully help it show better. We have an open house again today. Not sure if anyone will show up, what with the chilly cold weather and the Super Bowl today. When we come back from Deerfield I plan to make some Elk chili. I'll mostly stick to the recipe in My First Elk Cookbook. I figure it's got to be good, since one of the ingredients is 'A Can of Beer'. Not sure if I've ever had a can of beer in this house....but we do currently have lots of Guinness and Bass stocked up for the big game. I'm not really rooting for anyone...we're playing 'squares' at school, so I'll be paying attention to the "one's place" in the scores. I'll be looking for scores where the Seahawks' score ends in 2 or 1 and the Steelers' score ends in 2 or 9. Heres a photo of Henry participating in one of his favorite activities; walking the dog.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

how was the chili?

Betsy said...

The chili was pretty good. The spices were different from the chilis I usually make. More chili powder, coriander and cinnamon. The elk wasn't strange at all! I'll let you know after we eat the steaks!