Friday, October 27, 2006

Grandmothers, grab a tissue....

It was haircut day! Henry's first haircut at 1 year, 11 months and 6 days old. I took him to the mother of a former student of mine. She cuts hair out of her home and charges $3 for a 2-year old. Which was good, because as I drove up I realized I only had $4 in my purse. But that's not all she has going for her...she also sings the ABCs while she cuts and she has a dachshund named Lady. She also has a cement goose on her front porch, which was dressed as a Packer. Dressed geese are always entertaining. Stay tuned for a photo of the Batman goose that lives on the porch across the street.
But now, without further ado...here are the before, during and after photos:
Before:

During:
Goose:
After:
Please note that Henry did not lose that fuzz in back that so many of you were worried about. It's just a little easier to comb now. And I think we might have the curls back! Also, I did save a few precious locks in a little Tiffany box.

And, on a completely different note....here's a picture for the foodies- Wednesday night's yummy dinner:
Pork tenderloin spiced and wrapped around dried apricots, apples and golden raisins. I wish there were still leftovers.

2 comments:

W.F. Decker said...

The first "After" picture strongly reminds me of Pete--both the look and the hair! Looks like he didn't cry during the process, which is great. In fact, he almost looks like he is enjoying it. I'll have to tell you a story about my early haircuts.

I want some of that pork dinner!! Fruit and pork are great together.

amber c. said...

i can't stand it! that is too cute!