Saturday, October 21, 2006

Long time...

It has been a busy time around here since the last entry. On Tuesday Henry came down with some sort of virus. I left work early that day and stayed home with him on Wednesday as well. He got over it quickly, but was at a very low ebb for a couple of days. We did some cuddling on the couch, and tried some extra sleeping and he's back to normal now.
A couple days later Ellen and her parents stopped in for an overnight visit. Henry was still wanting me (rather than Papa) to put him to bed, so I was a little worried that I might miss out on some good Yerkes time. However, he finally fell asleep and I was able to play Scrabble with some folks who actually enjoy the game. Larry won. Then Barb and Larry taught us how to play "Take 5" which is more fast-paced and uses the Scrabble tiles. Pete actually joined us for that for a bit. It was a really fun game! I probably won't be able to get Pete to play it again with me though...he hates word games.
Yesterday Pete went to work while the rest of us did some running around. We visited the Greenbriar book fair, went to the Ba'hai Temple, had lunch at That Little Mexican Cafe and then browsed through Bookman's Alley- a wonderful used book store in Evanston. Larry, being a bookbinder, knew what he wanted to look for and found a few little treasures. It was a very pleasant day! It was so apparent that these folks are grandparents (See Mama Tchou-Tchou)! Henry had a great time with them, and they seemed to enjoy him as well.




When we arrived home we found a little birthday package from Auntie Amber. She left explicit instructions that it was okay to open it early, so we did! She had made Henry some very cute little mittens, with their own string. You can see that he was delighted with them!!! She also sent a matching hat, blue with a red stripe, which he really wanted to wear...but he has such a large noggin, it kept wanting to slip off his head. I'll be asking Amber if there's a way to remedy that.... In the meantime, thanks Auntie Ammer!! Mittens were just what Henry needed and he loves that you're helping to send some of that southern warmth up his way!

2 comments:

amber c. said...

I was afraid one of those wouldn't fit! I think I'll have to remake a hat - perhaps that one can be given away to one of henry's friends with a smaller noggin'?

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

heh! I feel like any comments from my corner would be a bit too... like "looking at my own bellybutton," as they say in France. But then again... I was, in a way... if you know what I mean? heh! heh! & Betsy... Henry is SO beautiful! Even when he's sick!