Monday, October 09, 2006

Hi Darlin'!


Sometimes I sing this song to Henry that we learned at Wiggleworms. The trick is to bounce him up and down while singing "Bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon,
bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon,
bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon,
Won't you be my darlin'?"
And then it goes on to "Down the hill and around the corner" and "The wheel fell off and I tipped over!" and so on, and it always ends with "Won't you be my darlin'?"
I was singing him the song this weekend and each time I would get to the end of a verse I paused and Henry would say "Hi Darlin'!"
It was the cutest darn thing I ever did see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buon giorno! Cutest darn thing you ever did see? I don't know. I remember a little girl who was always the cutest darn thing I ever did see. Greetings from Firenze, Italia!!

Your Dad