Thursday, October 26, 2006

In My Head...

In my head I had published an entry and you all had read it. I forgot, though, that there were Blogger issues last night and that entry never got saved. It's weird how a brain gets tricked...
Anyway. The original post was titled "Pretty Good Day" and told all about how Henry and I went to the Children's Museum (he went again today- thanks to Grammie for the membership!) and then we did a little raking and leaf-playing. These photos were titled: Where is my driveway?
And: Oh- there it is!
Then Henry and I went to the grocery with plans for a delicious meal. I suspected we might have something to celebrate. When we got home I found this long-awaited letter in the mail:
I had taken my comp. exam on Columbus Day. Wrote about 21 pages. Even used the word "moot". So I was feeling pretty good about the whole thing. But they told us 7-10 days for the results and it had been over two weeks. I was getting a little nervous, but not really, because after so many years I know how this university works. So. That's it! I can finally, officially say that I'm finished with grad. school. Unless I decide to go for another degree.... one more exam for my "type 10" certification too. You know, because graduating from an accredited program and taking one other additional exam wasn't enough. They just have to turn those screws a little bit more.
Anyway...the post yesterday ended with a statement about the yummy pork tenderloin I cooked for dinner. Pete claims it's one of his favorite dinners yet. It was stuffed with fall fruits. We also had asparagus and wine. Then I said something to cover up for my not-so-great eating habits as of late...something like "nothing like a good excuse for a hearty meal". Well, it's true.

3 comments:

amber c. said...

congratulations!! i knew you'd do it! lovely fall weather you're having!

amber c. said...

congratulations!! i knew you'd do it! lovely fall weather you're having!

Anonymous said...

love that third comment. can we not escape spammy ads even in the blog world? sheesh...
anyway, congratulations on passing your comps!
rob has made henry's one-handed raking photo his new desktop wallpaper. cuuute!