Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's Only Rock and Roll...






Yesterday, at about noon, Pete asked "what are we doing tonight?" Seven hours later we were bundled up in our long underwear, wool sweaters and scarves to see Elvis Costello and The Rolling Stones at Soldier Field!
We only caught a couple of Elvis' tunes, but he sounded pretty good!
The Stones came out at about 8:30 and played for a couple hours. They did some tunes I didn't know, some I recognized but couldn't name, and then of course Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash... We didn't stay till the bitter end, as we really didn't want to deal with the traffic. I haven't heard the report yet of what we might have missed. They were doing Brown Sugar as the first encore on our way out.
I'm not certain how old Mick Jagger is now, but that man has moves like I've never seen! It was probably about 35 degrees out, and that man was still jumping and hip-swiveling.
In one of these photos you can see that part of the stage moved out to the middle of the ground floor (or field, I guess). In that shot Mick is in red. He seemed to have put on some sort of brown work gloves. I don't think they were an original part of his outfit, as he was otherwise very impeccably dressed- matching and close-fitting.
We often noticed Keith Richards blowing on his fingers, and Mick said at one point that he couldn't feel his feet! I couldn't quite feel my feet either, by the time we got back in the car. But I was in bed by midnight, and that includes the time it took to pick up Henry!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! And...you didn't mention on the phone that Elvis was also there! Certainly worth some numb feet and a late night. Glad you were able to go. I'm jealous! I want to work for Shure. Do they need a Massage Therapist on the staff?

amber c. said...

good, chilly times it looks like! :)

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

So... winter? summer? What's goin' on over yonder? 'Cause the sweet pic from the 9th and those from the 8th look like they were taken in August, whereas the concert pics look & sound like December! p.s. Sounds like it was all a blast!

Betsy said...

Actually...the photo in the wagon was taken in August...or so...
The other weather has been wild though! One of the headlines in the Trib. today was "Earliest. Snowfall. Ever."