Sunday, October 08, 2006

I! O! W! A!

What a fabulous weekend it was for a Hawkeye game! We had a wonderful weekend all around, though too short as always. We never made it to Prairie Lights, for example, and our time with friends and family is never long enough. No time to blog about everything, though...so I'll just focus on the Hawks.
Henry got some new Hawkeye apparel before the game. I was a little worried about the words-across-the-butt pants, and would have outlawed them if Henry were a girl, but they were actually pretty cute. He looked like a little Hawkeye cheerleader-guy.
Here's the little man enjoying some outdoor time with Uncle Rob ("ob!").
And some kicking time with Uncle Will (Ee-oh!) in Dad's yard.

I didn't get a close-up look at the new courtyard area, but here's a shot (through the gate) of the new Nile Kinnick statue. I really like the updates they have made to the outer part of the stadium, I think it still looks very classy. The pressbox is imposing and probably a little overboard, but I had my back to that for the game, so it was easy to ignore.
Here are Pete and I at the beginning of the game. Please note my black and gold beads. I caught them at the homecoming parade the night before. Sadly, I did not have my camera with me for the parade. I also caught a mini yellow football for Henry.

Here are some of the alumni cheerleaders bringing Herky out onto the field. Henry would have loved this part!

One of my favorite things about Homecoming weekend is always the appearance of Old Herky. Here he is, greeting some young fans.
Pete got some popcorn at the game which gave new meaning to the term "Old Gold".
Here I am with my brothers. This was still early in the game, so the right sides of all our faces are not yet lobster red.
Rob's checking out some sort of no-doubt obnoxious graphics on the new-ish scoreboard, while Will shows how much he loves the Hawks, and his brother.
Hawks beat Purdue: 47-17! Go Hawks!






No comments: