Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

We're wrapping up 2007 on a lovely night.
We are still a family of three, but- without getting too sappy- we know our family is so much more than that.
Aunt Joyce was with us for a week. We're sorry she didn't get to see the baby arrive, but we had lots of nice time together. (Do you know the new ABC book from Steve Martin? Hilarious. She got it for Henry for Christmas and he loves it.)
Henry has been so helpful as we prepare for the new baby to arrive. He and Pete set up the pack-and-play and then Henry went to get one of his baby dolls to sleep in it. I hope he continues to be excited when the baby actually comes. Now, when Pete and I leave together, Henry asks if we're going to have the baby.
After spending a ridiculous amount of time monitoring the baby's heart rate at the hospital today (the baby is fine, maybe a bit of a wild child, but fine!) Pete and I finally made it home and had a New Year's celebration with Henry and Mom. We watched Ratatouille and ate party snacky foods (mmmm.....tuna cheese ball) for dinner off paper plates, in front of the t.v.. Henry had a little "juice pop" (Izze soda) and may have gotten some cheese ball on his face.
Then we took a late-night (8PM) walk around the neighborhood. Henry on his sled, me trying to keep up.
The photos really can't do it justice- it's a beautiful night out there! And, also, I wore my snowman pajama pants. Here's Henry and Mom:
Anyway- this is sort of a disjointed post I guess. Mostly just wanted to send out a Happy New Year! I'm feeling thankful for our family and friends, and I wish you all peace and Peace in the new year.
And now here's a picture of Henry with a plant growing out of his head:Looking forward to 2008!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a sweet disjointed post. we miss the snow!! happy new year!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great photo of Henry there at the end. I'm glad you got a photo of the socks and my PJs!

Wish I could have stayed to welcome in the new little one. But at this rate perhaps I'll be back before she/he makes an appearance!