Thursday, December 20, 2007

When Blogs Collide

We were very fortunate to have a visit today from Ellen (Flying Waffle) and her sister Jenny (Mama Tchou-Tchou) and itsy-bitsy Gretchen- Ellen's new babe. Check her out:
She actually was very pleased to hang out in my lap most of the time, but she did get a little sad when she knew it was approaching time to go.
For weeks I'd been dreaming about having Ellen and Jenny come to visit and sitting and having tea and cookies. It was quite a lovely time. I was just sad it had to be so short!
Pete showed up just as they were about to head out, so he was able to get a picture of us all together. (Note my hugeness. Note the pair of jeans which are, quite literally, the only pair of pants I wear these days. Did I mention I'm ready for this baby to make its appearance?)
And in other blog-collision news.... I got a box in the mail today. Unsure if it was for baby or Christmas or what, I went ahead and opened it. Inside was this lovely note and a bag of pecan sandies. Amber paid attention when I commented on her blog that I would love to have some of those cookies she had made!
Sometimes it's easy to remember to stop and be thankful that in this great big universe I was able to find and befriend such amazing girls. I couldn't ask for better friends than I have. (I could only wish to live a little bit closer to them!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah! i wish i could have been there in person to deliver the cookies and sip tea with you ladies!