Thursday, September 13, 2007

Beautification

Yesterday was my first of a few precious Wednesdays, that I will have before the baby comes, where I wasn't working but Henry was at school. I used my time to do some beautification. Here's a plain ugly wall between our kitchen/laundry area and the bathroom. And here it is now, as a display space for Henry's artwork. The top left piece, and bottom right piece are examples of what he's been bringing home from school. The top right piece is a picture of Liz and Van (Liz is orange, Van is pink).
And here I don't have a before photo, but you can trust me that the Hoosier cabinet was a dusty, cluttered mess. Now it's much more useful with my dry goods there. And I'm happy to have my colorful bowls out where I can see them.
My yellow cookbook bookshelf was also a mess, but I needed to clean it off so that Henry could have some space for his 'food' to go with the 'new' kitchen toy Mom found for him.
Tomorrow I'm having some friends from school over for general, casual cameraderie. I guess Henry and I will have to deal with this mess some time before then:
Lest you think I'm getting lazy on these days 'off'- I did also do three loads of laundry, updated my classroom website and made lasagna for dinner. Then I picked Henry up early so we could play a little bit. He made the garlic bread for dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that toy "mess" looks like so much fun! and, the hoosier cabinet looks great! love the bowls on display!