Sunday, September 16, 2007

Everything but relaxing...

Our weekend was filled with adventure....here's a sampling of some of the things we did over the last two days:
Yesterday we had lunch with Henry's friend Jonah (and his parents) and then went to a 'touch-a-truck' event. This photo is not great, but I included it for those of you (named Amber) who like to see how huge I am.
Regardless of what Rob tries to teach us, we still refer to many trucks as "diggers". Here's Henry with an especially impressive scoop.
Here are Henry and Jonah waiting in line for the Bobcat.
After touch-a-truck we went to Deerfield to watch the Hawks play Iowa State. We were disappointed in the outcome. That's all that needs to be said about that.
Henry was out cold when we got home, so I attacked the kitchen cupboard I've been meaning to get to. This is an almost "before" picture (I forgot to take it until I had already emptied the top shelf):
And here's how it looks after some merciless purging of expired food, and new shelf-papering:
Hooray! I love it that I can see everything that's on my shelves. It helps me to not over-buy.

Today we took a drive out into the boonies to pick some apples and buy some honey.
Henry had the perfect outfit for the job.
When we got home he helped make the apple pies in some little tins that Mom found us at Crowded Closet (I assume).
Other things I did today: grocery store, made a roast and baked bread. Pete: trimmed the bushes and did other general outside stuff. Henry: vacuumed the patio.
Sadly, we overbooked ourselves. The pie was still too hot to eat after dinner and the bread didn't even go into the oven until we were done eating. The upshot is that we'll have fresh bread for sandwiches tomorrow and pie for breakfast.
And now I think I'll go to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so nesting! and, you're not huge at all -- looking very cute! LOVE hank's overalls.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the vacuuming Henry!

flyingwaffle said...

Love the preggers shot! You look great!! And holy moly lady, you sure do get a lot done in a day. Apple picking sounds like so much fun! Maybe later in the fall I'll convince someone to do that with me, because I really want to make some apple butter this year.