Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Nothing new.

I don't have any new photos, but I did find this....it's some photos I had started to post and then never did. So, it'll be new for y'all.
A few weeks back Mom was in town and she and Henry scrubbed our bathroom shutters. They now sparkle like something white and sparkly.
And I cleaned out my linen closet.
And Uncle Tom came to visit and hogged up a bunch of good Eleanor time. I guess that's okay...he does live in Utah, afterall.
And we celebrated Mary's birthday with dinner in the city. It was a Persian restaurant, which sadly is not getting much business these days, since they had a little food poisoning incident at Taste of Chicago. We found it to be delicious! The service was excellent and they just kept bringing us food! Pars Cove is the name.
And we met Liz and Van for a game at Wrigley- only, it wasn't the Cubs playing. It was the Chicago Fire Dept. vs. the Chicago Police Dept. Otherwise known as The Bravest vs. The Finest. Really. They had uniforms and everything. We even saw a homerun.
It was a great way to experience the park. Pretty much empty and totally family friendly. Plus, proceeds go to charities. I just happened to hear about it on the radio this year, but I guess they've been doing this for 7 years or something. Previously they had played at Sox park. We'll try to catch the game again next year!
That's it. Nothing new. Maybe I'll take a vote, via the comments. What should I post about? do you care about what I'm reading? How the lack of t.v. and/or paper cup usage is going? What Henry's working on in school? My awkwardness with cleaning ladies, and thusly why I generally avoid having anyone else clean my house? The disaster I know is to come when I attempt to make applesauce and/or apple butter? Something totally other?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my votes: henry pictures, cup usage, tv -- i guess all of the above. also, we cancelled cable! and, check my blog -- you got yourself an editor's note! xo!

fredecker said...

Just for clarification is "Sox park" the same thing as Comiskey park?
Also, we've recently added a sports package to our satellite tv package. I have no regrets.

Anonymous said...

Old Sox Park was Comiskey. But now it's US Cellular Field, a.k.a. "The Cell".

Betsy said...

That's why I call it "Sox Park".

Anonymous said...

Betsy
You and Crazy Aunt Purl seem to be on the same cleaning/organizing schedule! blog about whatever....how about your dreams?....I always find them interesting!

Anonymous said...

Are you getting a cleaning lady? I'm secretly hoping that our TV dies some day and that all the home improvement projects and Kemo projects make it so taht we cannot afford to replace the TV. Unfortunately Will seems to be very addicted to it. Maybe I will make him take fiddle lessons with me...

Also, do you know how good your apples have to be to make apple butter or sauce? I have some yummy crab apples, but they are getting kind of wrinkly (ey?) so I don't know if I should just compost them or try to make apple sauce.

Oh, if you slip again on the cup thing, you can compost those. We compost any that you coffee drinkers leave at our house on visits.