Thursday, September 27, 2007

Can't Really Catch Up

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed...there's just always something to be done! I can't quite say that blogging has been dead last on my list, there have jut been so many things on my list that the bottom 300 or so aren't making the cut. (For example, I'm getting very nervous that there will be no place to put the baby's crib when the baby comes along- and that's no where near the bottom of the list!)Really, right now, I should be out in the yard enjoying the nice weather with Henry. So I'll make this a brief catch-up. You can fill in the holes and details yourselves.
Here's Henry with a big turtle at the Children's Museum.
Happy Three Months Old to Eleanor Ruby! She loves her Uncle Pete! (Sadly, no one ever seems to want to take photos when I'm holding her.)
This picture is here to represent my feelings of sadness at not living in Iowa City (where I could visit the Java House much more often). It just seemed really hard this time. But my husband is pretty cute.
Here's Henry with the guitar he keeps at Grammie's house.
We went to see Andrew Bird at the Englert. He had a See and Say on stage.
We've had a skunk in the yard. I spotted the little stinker out there at about 2AM a few nights ago. He's apparently trying to dig to China. This was the best shot I could get of him. Can you tell he's there?
On Tuesday nights I have prenatal pilates class. This week Pete took Henry to the indoor pool in the same facility. I peeked down on them when I got out of class. They were having a blast, and Henry slept great that night- even though he's had a hacking cough every other night of the week.
Um. Oops. This morning was picture day at school. Henry and I did not leave ourselves enough time to eat breakfast, or wash the coffee mugs before dashing out the door, trying to look decent for photos. I needed something in my baby belly, though. And I figured some milk and a piece of breakfast bread was better than nothing for Henry. I'll try composting the cup as Sandy suggested. You can see I was in such a rush that I didn't even decline the sleeve....as I always do! You can also see a little lipstick on the cup. I wore that for the photos. Later Henry said "what's on you?" when I figured out what he was actually asking, and I told him it was lipstick, he asked "does it hurt?" Shows how often I wear lipstick.
And a little treat I'm allowing my pregnant self to have. Dark chocolate M&Ms in designer Fall colors!!!
Now I'm going outside! Tonight's test: season premiere of The Office with no working television....no, even the antennae Pete tried to hook up didn't let us see the networks. It will be hard for me to wait until it's up on itunes to check it out. Alas.

No comments: