Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekend Doings

It's been a pretty nice weekend. On Friday Henry and I met our friends Jim, Griffin and Campbell (Campbell's twin, Duncan, stayed home in NJ with his mom) at the Children's museum. Jim had gotten into town with the kids the night before and was headed to his brother's house later. We were delighted to spend some time with them while his brother's family was all still at work. Henry loved showing his friends around the museum. They hit all the hot spots. Campbell was my best friend for a while in the baby nursery, though. I could tell she was wanting to head that way- and the boys needed to run a bit, so Campbell and I nurtured our nurturing sides. I couldn't tear her away!
After all the excitement we all headed over to meet Pete for lunch. We were very sad not to see Cara but hear that she and Duncan were having some pleasant one-on-one time, which is so hard to come by!
I got the added treat of having Pete come home early from work. Unfortunately it was due to needing to meet a plumber at home....but we don't need to dwell on such dismal topics here. We went shopping that evening for some new shrubbery! Here's a sort-of before shot of our front garden.
Here it is after Pete put the new shrubbery in yesterday. We got 4 clethora (summer sweet? I'd never heard of it) and 6 little bitsy boxwoods. Now we need some window boxes and in the spring we'll plant some flowers.
Here's how Henry looks right now. Thursday night we went to Johnny Rockets, and he's been wearing his paper hat every time we've been in the car since then. We were in Deerfield earlier to use the laundry facilities (Ah! Just like the olden days!) due to our plumbing insecurities and on the way home he fell asleep with the hat on. So cute.
And here's a little something that makes me smile. I usually ask my mom not to bring me any stuff- but somehow she read my mind that I needed a trivet, and this appeared on my table the next time she was in town. It just makes me smile every time I walk past it! And I'm thankful that it was probably purchased at Crowded Closet and not Kohl's or some other over-consumptive place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

argh! i can't see the trivet! the pic is showing a question mark box! help!? otherwise, a full weekend! nice work, peter!