Friday, January 11, 2008

Jiggity Jig

Today was our first full day home with Clara. It was only fitting that the handyman had to be here to share the day with us. I won't go into that...
When we drove up yesterday (in the rain) Henry was standing at the door, looking out. Of course it made me cry a bit as we waved happily to each other. Just a couple days earlier I was waving to him (in the rain) as we drove away for the hospital. That first wave was filled with much more trepidation, and the smile on my face was forced and in between contractions.
Here is the sign Henry made for the door to welcome us home.
Grandma and Bampa had also been by to leave a welcome. Henry told me about how the teddy bear balloon is for Clara and the Winnie-thur-Pooh balloon is for him.
After settling in a bit, Pete set up the car seat in the new "snap-n-go" stroller and Henry took Clara for a test drive.
Here she is this morning. She's just starting to give us more alert time.
Here's Henry holding her this afternoon. His standard line, after holding her for a few moments, is "she doesn't smell so good". And then he passes her back to us. I suspect he's been taking big brother classes from his uncles.
Here's the sweet-smelling girl after her first bath at home tonight. You may notice the big ugly bruise on my forearm. That's where they tried in vain (in vein?) to get an IV in me at the hospital. Little did we know we were already way past the point of no return. And here's Clara, three days old, wearing a flannel nighty that I believe my Grandma Honora made for me. It's not going to fit her much longer.
Blog post to come: Henry's answer to Sofia's questions in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betsy
Thanks so much for the photos....it is HARD being so far away and not being able to see her (and the rest of you of course). She reminds me so much of you as a newborn. Keep the photos coming.
XO

Beehave said...

Sofia is very curious and a bit jealous of Clara. She has been talking to us about her baby sister for months! Of course, she doesn't have a baby sister, but don't let that bother you.

Hope you are getting some rest!