Wednesday, January 30, 2008

10:47 & 8:11

Before you laud me too much with praise about my productivity, please take note that I do not blog much about my non-productive days. Those entries would sound more like this: "Didn't shower until 10:47 this morning. Got back in bed with Clara and we stared at each other for an hour or so. Made dinner. Went to bed at 7, but read until I couldn't keep my eyes open around 9:30."
This morning my showering time was 8:11. I was off to a pretty productive start. Clara and I went to school to say Hi to the kids and the teachers. It was her first trip there and the kids were very excited. I had to say "back up" several times. When we got home my productivity was waylayed first by Clara not wanting to have her usual long afternoon nap, and then by discovering
that I had let the dog stay out while I was gone. Usually this isn't a very big deal, but today he chewed up several legos and got all kinds of sick all over the family room. I'm thoroughly grossed out and will spare you the gory details. Suffice it to say that the most romantic Valentine's day gift I could think of this afternoon was a gift certificate for a professional carpet cleaning.
On to happier news. Yesterday, in honor of her three week anniversary of life, Clara shed her bellybutton nub.
Now when you change her diaper, her belly smiles at you.

2 comments:

Lisa S. said...

What a CUTE belly button. We all use our belly buttons as electrical sockets at our home...if somebody sticks their finger in yours, you are required to dance (like being plugged in). I betcha I could put on a good puppet show dialogue with that belly button! -Lisa S.

Beehave said...

Hey, what kind of dipes is that girl sporting?