Monday, January 07, 2008

Jumpy Hubby

It's best not to shout "Come quick!" at Pete right now, he's a little bit jumpy. But that doesn't stop my mother when she thinks I look funny. It's hard enough for me to get my clothes off and my pajamas on, but then I walk out of my room and Mom giggles and shouts "Pete, come quick! Bring the camera!" I love that.
So- for the update: no baby out yet. There have been some "indications" upon which I will not elaborate. Each night I go to bed thinking that maybe we'll have to grab our bags before morning, but then I wake up and feel "normal" and I'm just still here waiting. I have to admit I'm getting a little tired of answering the question "how do you feel?" I'm sorry. I just don't have any new sort of answer for that. I feel fine. I feel pregnant. I feel tired and a bit grouchy. I feel big. I feel like I can't tie my own shoes.
Somehow this morning I woke up with ankles again. I'm not sure why they decided to make an appearance today. I'll take it as a good sign- I'll pretty much appropriate anything as a good sign at this point.
One of the nice parts of this delayed baby situation is that I'm spending some pleasant, restful time with Pete, Mom and Henry. I don't feel very guilty about letting Mom do the cooking and cleaning. Last night we had a yummy chicken dinner and some interesting things came out about my own babyhood.
For example: apparently one of the last times Mom ever went bowling was when she was pregnant with me. While trying to roll the ball she lost her balance and fell over. I'll let you write your own conclusion to that story.
There was also some story about two Mormons coming to the door while Mom had me in the high chair on Court street. She told them she didn't have time to talk to them because she was feeding the baby and trying to do laundry. They apparently offered to help out, so she claims she let them come in and sit with me while she hung the laundry out. She offered them coffee, which they declined, of course. She also thinks she may have ended up buying a Book of Mormon. I find lots to be skeptical about with this story. It seems much more likely to have happened to Rob.
Henry is still singing Hark The Herald Angels Sing at the top of his lungs every chance he gets. My favorite lyrics are "peace on earth and mercy wild" and "hear the jolly horse will say- glory to the newborn king".
Once again-I'm signing off with the hopes that the next post will have to be done by Pete...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're sending southern vibes that tonight is the night jumpy husband gets to jump for real! xo!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

We're finally back and catching up with all that's been missed since we spent that lovely afternoon with you on the 20th. Your blog posts have been really wonderful reads and looks ( !! ) - though I do wish for your own sake that they'd have been Pete's job over the last week and more. Eek! We'll do a little baby dance and chant for you this morning...
p.s. I don't know how many times I've read There is a Bird on Your Head! to the boys, but however many times it is, they haven't stopped giggling yet!

sarah90046 said...

I guess there was reason to be jumpy :) yaaahhhhoooooo! congratulations!!!