Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Clara

Here's Clara with her eyes open. I'm not sure what she's thinking about, but it's clearly something deep.
Last night, before leaving the hospital, we were served a "celebration dinner" for "patient and guest". There was a special menu, Pete and I each had the filet mignon (cooked perfectly!) with mashed potatoes, asparagus, rolls and salads. They also brought dessert and we had some sparkling wine that we had brought with us. Clara, who had slept all day, chose dinner time to nurse. So I ate most of my meal one-handed.
She's pretty cute in red. Her Bampa thought she looked like a cardinal.
She didn't want to open her eyes for the pediatrician this morning, but she does like to look at her papa!
And here she is, all dressed up to leave the hospital. I could only resist this outfit the first time I saw it. When I went back and found it on sale I had to get it.
We are now home- with a warm greeting from Henry- who was standing in the doorway watching out as we drove up. Later I'll post pictures of the balloons and sign he made for us. He already took Clara on a tour of the house- showed her 'his' crib (in his bedroom) and 'her' crib (the pack-and-play in the living room). Now she's napping in the other room. I'm going to take a nap pretty soon too....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! That little girl has a beautiful head of hair....just like her Mama!
Bampa is right...she does kind of look like a cardinal. Must be the red hat!

amber c. said...

that gal has some cute outfits! welcome home!

Beehave said...

Sofia has a question for Henry:
"Henry, what does your baby sister do?"
and
"Do you like carrots?"