Saturday, January 05, 2008

Toaster Pastries

The poptart snack hour really does seem like the best time to blog. I wake up around 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00 and just can't lie down anymore without a headache. Baby is pushing on some veins somewhere no matter how I turn. So I get out of bed, fix a poptart snack with a big glass of water, find my computer and settle in somewhere. My current favorite spot is at the dining room table. It reminds me of when I was pregnant with Henry. I would sit at the end of the dining room table in our condo and write emails to a girl who was in our Bradley class. She was usually up at the same time. At that time I think I was snacking on milk and Whole Foods cereal bars. The pop tarts are much better. Now I get up and play my Scrabbulous moves online with whomever I have a game going at the moment. Anyone know what I can spell with a Q, two H's and 3 E's? Oh. I have an S too. I wish I could find an open C. I think Mom's awake too. I saw the light on under her door. I imagine this doesn't feel like chatty time for her either though, so I won't go see what she's up to. Here's another picture that reminds me of those times....and sort of inspires me to keep my eyes on the prize. Henry was six days old and Amber and Ellen came to visit. They're such good friends! This was his first real excursion into the world. You can see that I was still fully clad in sweat clothes, but it looks like my face had already started to loose some puffiness- that's a good sign! It was also either really warm out for November (I do see that none of us had coats) or I just had no idea how to dress a baby. I'm already missing the excellent heat we had in that condo. Henry and I were always comfortable in short sleeves that first winter and I didn't have to worry about him at bedtime.
Anyway- I guess this post is mostly just reminiscences for my own enjoyment. Things to think about while I await child number two...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a trooper. As a young father (I was one once), I took great comfort in knowing you had such good friends who were young women I also liked and respected. That told me lots about how you were handling growing up and staying out of any serious trouble (of which there was none). It is fun for me to see the three of you still bonding so tightly and to hear of your various connections.

Hoping for phone calls, I am...

Dad

P.S. What's Scrabulous or whatever it is called?

Anonymous said...

ah! that was a fun day! there'll be many more of such ones to come in our lifetime!

flyingwaffle said...

I'm glad you're up for keeping us up to date on the goings on so early in the morning! I hope you're getting some rest at other hours to compensate. I wish I could come see you when this baby is 6 days old! We'll have to try for a little later this time I'm afraid. We have Gretchen's girl clothes that she's grown out of all set aside and ready to ship out in case you have a girl.

sarah90046 said...

b,
orion and I are thinking of you and hoping that baby arrives soon. I can't remember the last time I blogged, but I do try to check others' when I can; yours is still one of my favs. Hang tough, we are sending you love.
s.